Saudis behead and execute child molester/murderer. Opionions please.

ACCORDING TO AN ASSOCIATED PRESS ARTICLE

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi authorities beheaded and crucified a man convicted of brutally slaying an 11-year-old boy and his father, the Interior Ministry announced.

According to the statement issued by the ministry Friday, shop owner Ahmed al-Anzi molested the boy and then strangled him with a length of rope. He then stabbed the boy's father to death when the man came looking for his son.

Fox news CARRIED the AP article.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523364,00.html?test=latestnews

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523364,00.html?test=latestnews

In Saudi Arabia you can be beheaded for rape, murder and drug trafficking. 

102 people were beheaded in 2008 and 35 have been beheaded this year.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:47 AM on May. 30, 2009

• I personally think we should be tougher and I am for the death penalty for child molesters and rapists. However, I do not think that "statuatory rape" should count when it is between young people...ex an 18 yr old boy has sex with his 16 yr old girlfriend.

The beheading and crucifying creep me out though. It gives me concerns about the Muslim population growing here in the US. I am especially concerned since there are already some enclaves of the ultra factions.

I think it is things like this that have made Australia say "no thank you" to Muslims and basically tell them to integrate fully or leave.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:51 AM on May. 30, 2009

• At least they are getting rid of the sick people in their country. Maybe we should be more like that to make offenders think twice or those who are thinking about it think twice before acting on it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:54 AM on May. 30, 2009

• Do you think Muslims would want to behead someone here in America?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on May. 30, 2009

• They also sometimes stone to death a woman that GETS RAPED! I don't think looking towards the middle east for criminal and social justice is the way I'm leaning

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I wish we would behead child molesters and murderers in the States.

That's my opinion!
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 12:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• while i disagree with their laws regarding women and crime i do agree with what they do to child molesters. I get very tired of hearing about the poor molester who was molested him/herself as a child. How can someone who went thru that hell themselves turn around and hurt a child? makes no sense. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree with Bearsjen. Once a person is grown, no matter what they went through as a child, they still make a choice to repeat the behavior or not.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:35 PM on May. 30, 2009

• what about those who commit rape do you feel they deserve the same punishment??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:15 PM on May. 30, 2009

• When it comes to child molestation or rape Idon't think I could go with beheading but (if it is proven without a doubt) a bullet placed in the right spot to the head would do.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:23 PM on May. 30, 2009