Pressure Headaches

I live in the Flint Hills of Kansas and its major pollen season. The cottonwood trees just started releasing cotton blooms about a week ago. For the last couple of days I've had massive headaches(not migranes) that seem connected to my sinuses but it hurts in the back of my head... Any ideas as to what it may be or how I can fix it?

Not that it has ever bothered me, but there is a new pressure system coming in at the beginning of next week...

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Health

• Try a vicks inhaler or boil some water and put a towel over your head to drain them. Find a good allergy medicine and drinks lots of fluids to keep you hydrated. You can also try nose drops to avoid your sinuses becoming dry and it always helps to clear it up.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:15 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You can try over the counter allergy pills or get a scrip from your Dr. It sounds to me like you have a deep sinus infection and only your Dr would be able to tell you for sure if you do or dont have a bad infection. Id go see your Dr just to be safe.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:26 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Check out this site....humans have more than just the set of sinuses that everything thinks about in the nose. It sounds to me like your transverse sinus is affected. Perhaps you might need some medical help with this one, as it is quite deep as the pic illustrates and could be infected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transverse_sinuses
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• sorry....not everything thinks.....but everyone thinks
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:16 PM on May. 30, 2009