Air Conditioning thermostat (central air)

Why won't the air condtioning thermostat fan go off. I can tell the difference between when the air is on not only by the coolness of the house but also sound and when its just the fan blowing. We have even set the air temp to off and 80 and the fan is still blowing. The fan is also on auto. What could be causing this? I'm trying to contact my landlord but so far only could leave a message.

3LiftedMe

Asked by 3LiftedMe at 12:17 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Home & Garden

• When that happened to us, it turned out to be some sore of relay or fuse that was bad and needed to be changed out. Get the A/C guy to come and look at it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:24 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Try turning it off or to the on position instead of auto. Turn the whole unit off and if it continues then you may have a bad fan
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:21 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree with the above, Turn the whole thing off. You might even want to turn the fuse in the box off and on and then see if that don't reset it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:23 PM on May. 30, 2009