allergic to tears?

my boyfriends son's grandma claims that the 2 year old is allergic to tears. what in the world? is that even possible? i think it sounds like the best thing she could come up with as to why the boys face has been breaking out..but maybe its true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Health

• Is he breaking out with hives or does his face just get really splotchy? My children and I have extremely sensitive skin and if we cry our faces and necks get really splotchy and it looks like a rash. But it isn't a rash and it fades in time after the crying is done. When people see one of my kids after they have cried, I usually hear "what's wrong with his/her face?"
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:50 PM on May. 30, 2009

• well where is he breaking out on his face????? does he go to daycare? my son used to break out on his face...and the daycare people called it something particular bout being around other kids or something. but it finally went away. Also, if he is allergic to tears, which idk if thats possible, maybe its the salt.....isnt salt in your tears or something like that?
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:54 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i am allergic to water and my own sweat so yes it is possible I break out in hives from it .

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:07 PM on May. 30, 2009