Is there a law as to how many kids you can babysit at one time?

I live in Illinois and will be babysitting over the summer. I'm not licensed and I don't plan on becoming licensed. This will just be something I do on my own. I have 3 kids of my own and I'll be taking on 3 more.

I tried googling but couldn't find any info on just babysitting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Im pretty sure there is cause my daycare does. It has to do with so many adults to some many kids depending on age. Like one adult to 3 kids under the age of 1 year....and thats just an example...i dont know the amount. but im pretty sure there is
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 1:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yes, there's laws about how many kids you can watch for how long without being licensed.
    Anonymous

• OP here....can you guys help me find links because I'm not finding any of this info?
    Anonymous

• In your state for a licensed provider the maximum is eight including your own children.

Here is a resource for you:

http://nrc.uchsc.edu/STATES/IL/illinois.htm
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Call DCFS for information.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• http://www.daycare.com/illinois/licensing_standards_family_daycare_homes.html

any more than 3 children other than your own requires a day care license in your state.. above is the laws on day cares.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:41 PM on May. 30, 2009