Graduation Party ideas????

My daughter will be graduating from High School this year. Wants to have a party here....but I need ideas to keep everyone entertained without costing a fortune. I can handle the food, but HELP
on everything else.
We live on a hobby farm, so we are very rural. house isn't that big we have an x-box, and spare tv, would be happy to answer questions.

T45

Asked by T45 at 1:09 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• board games could be fun... also cards... is this friends of the graduate(high schoolers) or friends of the family(everyone else)?
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 1:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Her high school friends. and possibly some family.
    T45

Answer by T45 at 2:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• She can rent some scary movies. The xbox is usually a hit. Also, how about some type of game? My daughter put written suggestions on pieces of paper and put them inside balloons. When someone got there they had to pop a balloon and do what the paper said. Examples are, write someone at the party (not your boyfriend or girlfriend) a love poem and read it out loud. Drink a strange smoothie that the graduate makes up. Eat something while blindfolded and try to guess what it was etc. They had fun with that!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 4:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If you have a farm why not have it out side? Watter ballons are cheap and fun (fill a few with whip cream). Rent a sterio or find out if one of her firends has one. Get some music and just let everyone hang out. Some will dance, some with eat, some will just talk... My mom has a pool, so for mine we just had music, food and people + the pool. But really no one was in the water.

Also, don't run the show. My mom ruined my party when she decided I was only allowed 10 friends because "family gives more money" and she gave me a list of people I wasn't allowed to invite. Including my 2 best friends and my boy friend...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:09 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Have it outside and get a tent incase of yucky weather. As for entertainment, just have a CD player for music and let people just hang out and talk. You could have volleyball, a kickball game, a baseball game. You don't have to entertain everyone. If it is hot out, have water balloon fights. Keep it simple. The best parties I have gone to are the ones that are relaxed and not overplanned.

Congrats to your daughter!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I agree, have it outside. Scavenger hunt on the farm and through the barn etc. Music is big with the teens so I would have that ready too. Ask her what her friends are into. Keep it simple and fun. Maybe do something like a craft of tie die shirts or something along those lines. Have them each bring a cotton T-shirt. They can tie die them or just paint and autograph one anothers as a keep sake of their 4 yrs together. A year book they can wear. Decorate in school colors with the school mascot. Way to go Momma! You got her through, congrats to the both of you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• You could do a luau/hawaiin party theme (limbo, have the boys put on a hula skirt and dance, vote who was the best etc.). Mystery party or scavenger hunt. Look through both links on this page http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html as well as the graduation link on the page.

I also know that a game called "would you rather" is popular with teens and also conversation cards.  See them here http://www.cjkidz.com/moregames.html Look on family & friends fun games.

I would probably put several things out (board games/scavenger hunt/music/sports balls/conversation cards) if your child or one of their friends is an organizer...ask them to get the kids started.

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:40 PM on Jun. 1, 2009