is it ok to swim if i lost mucus plug?

i lost my mucus plug 2 days ago, but havent had labor pains, and my friend told me its ok if i go swiming i wanted to know if they right? does anyone know

daniandlo

Asked by daniandlo at 1:21 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldnt. Once the plug is gone, you dont have anything to protect you from bacteria going up in there.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 1:21 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You will be fine, until your water breaks to do anything you want as far as water is concerned. Your plug can regenerate too, so just becuse you lost some of it you can never tell for sure if it is completely gone or not. Especially if you are going to be in a pool that is chlorinated, it will kill any bacteria. Go have fun, water is actually very helpful in relaxing, can take a ton of weight off of you, helps with swelling, you will feel like a diuffferent person after swimming for a bit.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• ak aries is right! the mucous plug usually does grow back, and it should be fine as long as it wasnt bloody-looking followed by your water breaking! have fun! i'm gonna hit the kiddie pool once my son is up from his nap hahaha =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:29 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Please don't take these responses for granted, ask your doctor it is your pregnancy and your baby. I would not take any chances.
    Anonymous

• no, u can get a serious infection,. plus the chlorine will burn the hell out of you
    firewoman1977

Answer by firewoman1977 at 5:02 PM on May. 30, 2009