Anovulation?

As a teen, it took me many years to get a regular cycle. Last May, I got pregnant but had a missed m/c in Sept. Since then I have only O'd once or twice. I am getting very frustrated. I am still young and am a healthy weight. Why am I still having anovulatory cycles?

CatherineLZ

Asked by CatherineLZ at 1:33 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You should return to your OBGYN and get a full exam and blood work up done to rule out any possible problems like hormone imbalance, thyroid problems or infections. Your Dr can best tell you why your cycles are not normal.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:04 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Anovulation can be caused by lots of different things, but luckily now doctors know a lot of ways to help you conceive even if they cannot pinpoint the exact cause of your problem. The younger and healthier you are the more likely it is that they can help you. My advice is make an appointment with your OB/GYN and get some basic blood tests done; if they don't find anything then you should get a referral to a Reproductive Endocrinologist.

I have a long history of irregular periods and anovulation, and I now have 3 children; there is hope!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2009