my baby boy is almost a month old on the 4th and he has not smiled at me yet? when will he?

draperchristine

Asked by draperchristine at 1:37 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different. Keep smiling at him when you change him and feed him. Talk to him, looking him in the eyes and smile. He'll catch on. My granddaughter was a frowner. She hardly ever smiled, but by a year she got the idea and became a smiler.

Answer by Bmat at 1:41 PM on May. 30, 2009

• my son didnt smile at me till he was 3 m/o ! but dont worry, your bundle of joy will eventually smile! they all go at their own pace!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:42 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My daughter didn't smile til she was 3 months also. And at 2 months she had that pouted out lip when she cried (it was SOOO cute!) He's still a newborn! Absolutely perfect and he will be smiling, crawling and cooing before you know it... then shortly after walking, talking and peeing everywhere! (at least that's what happened with my daughter...)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My daughter was 6 weeks almost 7 weeks. But I have had friends where it was later and some earlier.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• MIne were both about 7-8 weeks when they did... they aren't delayed or anything... no worries!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:34 PM on May. 30, 2009