do fair skin ppl tan in tanning beds?

i am fair and i have been tanning some this wk i am a lil red now tho

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I think it depends on your skin type... or you went like a min too long. I tan in tanning beds otherwise i'd be white as a polar bear (lol and i live in ak) But I tan really easily and those beds make me look extremely tan
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:58 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I am light skinned and use to go to the tanning bed all the time. I always got a red tan never a brown tan. Then I had a skin cancer scare. I haven't been back.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:58 PM on May. 30, 2009

• well im not fair i tan and my tan is dark now.. but honestly im now sure how they do their beds whereever you are from but here if you are fair you will go maybe 5 minutes the first week and then gradually up your minutes to like 7-8 the next and this is how you tan quicker and better for your skin if you got red that means u need to ask them to minus 2 minutes or so after your redness calms down and you want to tan again but i would go slowly that way the tan is sticking to your skin instead of burning
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 1:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I love sublime glow by loreal...its a sunless tanner with subtle shimmer. Sunless tanners have come a long way, just make sure you give your skin a good scrubbing before applying for an even tone. I don't think I have to tell you that tanning is bad for your skin...it will catch up to you.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:00 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Stay away from the tanning bed! Do you want to look like this?

Photobucket
    Anonymous

• I learned a long time ago not to even bother trying to get a tan. If I DO get some color, it's because I burn, then stay red, so the heck with it! Besides I burned very badly several times as a child (sunstroke twice) and my grandfather had a bunch of skin cancers, so no, never mind trying to tan for me.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:05 PM on May. 30, 2009

• lol thats gross
    Anonymous

• You have to use the expensive tanning lotion or else you look like an orange or that streaky bronzer lotion they are selling in drugstores. It looks fake. You have to go conssitently or you will look like a tomato.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:07 PM on May. 30, 2009

• here in AK they recomend tanning to prevent suicide becuase of the darkness. Yes it can give you skin cancer and make you look a lot older...but i gotta make sure I'm here for my kid. Anyone here seen "30 days of Night" ?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• LittleMama...you have a reason. People need sunlight to live. People do not need to fake and bake.
    Anonymous