Bleeding

I had my 6th baby in October, before that AF's were normal. But since having my son they have been very very heavy ( TMI sorry... I bleed thru a super plus tampon in 20 mins) and now something else that is very abnormal is going on. I got AF on May 14th was very very heavy like the ones since December, and then I woke up yesterday to go to the bathroom and I was bleeding. Not heavy heavy bleeding, like end of AF bleeding to where there's blood only when I wipe after going to the bathroom. I have already scheduled an apt with my doc to see what is going on but wanted to see if there are any moms on here that have been thru this and what was it. Sorry if TMI and thanks for any info anyone can share.

SonjaJB

Asked by SonjaJB at 2:03 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Health

• It's possible you may have a tumor. I have a tumor on my right ovary and it hurts like #$@#% every other month when I get my period. I get sharp pains about 10 days prior to starting and during my period. Cramps are so awful, and bleeding is horrific every other month, once in a while it is maybe two months in a row I bleed heavily.

I suggest you not wear a tampon. I quit wearing those after my twins were born. The bleeding was just awful. And after my daughter it was so bad I soaked through my pants down my thigh. I still have the tumor, it's been four years now(no insurance) and I've just learned to deal with it.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• In my case it was endometriosis and a hystorectomy solved the problems of heavy periods and severe pain. After 6 kids it's time you took out the factory and left the play room.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• im having same problem as you, but we recently had a baby so i think is the body getting used to AF again...im also having extreme mentrual pain!
    kiUmY

Answer by kiUmY at 9:06 PM on May. 30, 2009