Sweating at night?

My son is 28 mo and has been sweating at night. Could I be overhydrating him? Or is there something I should be concerned about? He doesn't do it all night but when I check on him just before going to bed myself, his pillow is soaked! I'll call the ped if it keeps up but wondering if anyone else had this experience...

CooksWife

Asked by CooksWife at 2:12 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You may just be dressing him to warmly for bed. The rule of thum is, if your comfortable in light PJ's and a light sheet so will your child. Also, lots of peoples inner temp goes up when they sleep. Your not overhydrating your baby.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:42 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My 3 year old has been like this since she was a baby. She is just sweaty! My husband is like this too. I just try not to dress her too warmly, and keep the room cool. Her hair and her feet are the worst. I don't think it has anything to do with giving him too much liquids though. He would probably be peeing the bed if that was the case :-)
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 3:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

• lol- it's probably over dressing... He sleeps SO much better with several blankets rather than just the sheet and comforter. Maybe a weighted blanket wouldn't be as hot... Or just sleeping him in less clothing but still using the blankets. hmmm....

Seriously, don't google night sweats and children. All kinds of crap comes up about diabetes and cancer. I am too pregnant for that crap lol

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:00 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Let me just add: refrain from googling ANYTHING health-related when pregnant. LOL.
    JudesMomma

Answer by JudesMomma at 4:43 PM on May. 30, 2009