Really could use some more advice! Anybody in CafeMom have or have had...If so...

HELP!! This is about toe nail fungus.... I know ewww... but

If anyone has had this before, can you tell me what you used to treat and or get ride of it?!Talked to the doctors nurse, she said to use the Vick's Vapor Run but she sure didn't sound to enthusiastic about it at all... : ( Not only that but she told me that the medicine that he could give me would require having to have my blood monitored for liver damage. Sooo.... I am trying to go natural.

I just got done asking this but I made a mistake so I am sorry to the lady that responded and a great big Thank you to her!!

I have done some looking around and I have found suff on Vick's Vapor Rub, Apple Cider Vinegar, Listerine, Tee Tree Oil.

Welp, ladies... anyone? What did you use and how did it work for you.

MomlovesRed

Asked by MomlovesRed at 2:33 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Health

• My dad had this for years. Finally he began soaking his feet EVERY night in vinegar and water. I say every night because he always makes the point that if you don't do it every night it will come back. He's done this for a couple of years to make sure he has no more issues, but I'm thinking that after several months you should be able to stop once the new nail has grown out without fungus underneath. Eating garlic and coconut oil daily will treat the fungus from inside - without your liver needing to be checked! Using apple cider vinegar internally each day will help also - and with lots of other things too. I doubt there is 1 thing that will work all by itself, but all of them together will work over time. The thing is you have to keep treating until the nail has grown out new and there is no fungus underneath. It will take several months but stay after it until it is gone.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Tea Tree Oil. My best friend was a nail tech and that's what she always used on her clients.
    Anonymous

• vinegar just gets rid of the odor..............
    http://www.skinenergizer.com/Toenail-Fungus-s/256.htm
    NewLady1

Answer by NewLady1 at 9:36 PM on May. 30, 2009

• TEA TREE OIL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on May. 31, 2009

• When using Tea Tree Oil, how should I do that? Anyone know?
    MomlovesRed

Answer by MomlovesRed at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have been using all of them, just alternating them. I thank you all for your help! The Tea Tree Oil has two things in it, that is good for toe fungus. It is an anti fungal and an antiseptic as well. The apple Cider Vinegar's acids stops the Ph that is needed for the nail fungus to grow but it can dry your feet out too. Either way it is good too. I am slowly seeing a difference and even some new nail growth. So I would recommend using all of what I first mentioned. Use the Vapor rub at night before bed. Oh yes, by the way I never did have a smell to my toe nail fungus!
    MomlovesRed

Answer by MomlovesRed at 3:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009