I need to chill

Since about 5:30 this morning the two older children have been fighting. I have timed out, grounded, and even spanked. Yesterday i had planned for today to be a fun day since it was the first day of summer break but that is gone. My nerves are shot and I am haveing violent feelings. I have never ever beat my children but right now at this very moment the temptation is there.

CAN YOU HELP ME RELAX PLEAAAAASSEE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sure, do what my mom always did. Get them BOTH mad at you, trust me it works and much easier on the nerves, also put them work, once you punish both and they are both mad at you, they will get along great talking about what a meanine mommy you are lol. Also I used to keep a bottle of Jager in the freezer for such emergencies lol. Best of luck momma, we've all been there
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• They need to be kept busy doing something. Most children will act out if they are bored. when my girls were in school, they did they fighting thing and it drove me crazy, so I fixed their butt. I made them go into a room together and they couldn't come out till they were fixed. Sure, at first they were fussing and fighting and the next thing you know, here comes the laughter. It worked for me.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:23 AM on May. 31, 2009

• When they start fight8ing send them outside and tell them when they are done ripping each other apart (no touching and stay in the yard) they can come back in so that you guys can pick something fun to do together today. Most likely once you give them permission to fight they will loose their interest in it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:16 AM on May. 31, 2009

• If the fighting continues send each to their room and leave then there until they can give you a list of 5-10 things they LIKE about their siblings. If they are old enough have them write it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 AM on May. 31, 2009