Would you send this study to your elected official? Spain Study on sheds light on US Green Jobs Agenda: Job Creation Vs Job Destruction.

In March, one of Spain's leading universities, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, published an authoritative study "of the effects on employment of public aid to renewable energy sources." The report pointed out: "This study is important for several reasons. First is that the Spanish experience is considered a leading example to be followed by many policy advocates and politicians.
This study marks the very first time a critical analysis of the actual performance and impact has been made. Most important, it demonstrates that the Spanish/EU-style 'green jobs' agenda now being promoted in the U.S. in fact destroys jobs, detailing this in terms of jobs destroyed per job created."

The Findings are as follows: (continued)

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:47 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• (1) For every renewable-energy job that the government finances, "Spain's experience … reveals with high confidence, by two different methods, that the U.S. should expect a loss of about 9 jobs lost for every 4 created."

(2) Only 10% of the green jobs created were permanent jobs actually operating and maintaining the renewable sources of energy.

(3) To create about 50,000 green jobs, Spain lost 110,000 jobs elsewhere in the economy, principally in metallurgy, nonmetallic mining and food processing and in the beverage and tobacco industries.
    http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/27/five-million-green-jobs/print/

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_tony_blankley/economic_reality_of_5_million_green_jobs
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• UHH...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take that, Barry!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't think so. Spain and USA are completely different countries by size,lifestyle,,climate.I don't see the way to compare the two of them.

Anonymous

• There's nothing wrong with "green" enterprising, it's just that the government doing it isn't natural enterprising...and we end up with things like the corn-to-fuel disaster of the last administration that led to starving and food riots in nations around us.

I mean, people like saving money, if you can make something more energy efficient, people will buy it to save money - the government needs to keep their bureacratic nose out it, and green enterprise will be successful.
    Anonymous

• Anon. 2:18
    I would be proud of that answer. You ought to sign it.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 3:34 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree with callmeann. Anon, great answer.!!!!!
    No need to hide... :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• OMG, I remember seeing this and was amazed that there wasn't more talk of this by our MSM. Admittedly, I don't watch it all, but I recall seeing a segment on this on Fox (I think it was Shep). It would be hysterical if we weren't following suit.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:40 PM on May. 30, 2009

So Europe is a shining example when it's time to tout Universal Healthcare, but when they have something that proves a liberal idea is wrong, they cannot possibly be comparable.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If there were further studies to support that statement, I would consider it. But,I won't send it based on one study's findings.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• LOL! Grly, I posted the same study 2 months ago, and all I got was a few naysayers! I guess, people like your postings better than mine! WAHHHHH!!! LMAO! :O)

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/164426/Job_Losses_From_Obama_Green_Stimulus_Foreseen_in_Spanish_Study

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:02 PM on May. 30, 2009