Coincidence or Political Motivated Agenda?

It seems that when digging through the list of Chrysler dealerships the Obama administration shut down, a very large number were Republican donors and only ONE was an Obama donor.
One of the components involved in saving dealerships was an examination of those dealers that competed with Chrysler’s products by having multiple dealerships of different brands. HOWEVER~That did not stop Chrysler from saving “RLJ-McLarty-Landers, a company which operates six Chrysler dealerships in the South and lower Midwest.” The Landers in RLJ-McLarty-Landers is Steve Landers who also owns Ford and Toyota dealerships. More interestingly, the McLarty in the group is Mack McLarty, Bill Clinton’s old chief of staff. The third, RLJ, is Robert Johnson who founded Black Entertainment Television.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Furor-grows-over-partisan-car-dealer-closings-46261447.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 2:59 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think it is any kind of agenda. All Chrysler dealerships are open in Alaska.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:06 PM on May. 30, 2009

• don't even get me started lol
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:07 PM on May. 30, 2009

• It's a conspiracy! I'm sure that President Obama stayed up for nights, trying to come up with the best way to get at Republicans, and this was his solution. Off with their dealerships!!
    Doesn't that sound pretty far fetched to you?
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 3:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• In Washington NOTHING is far fetched. I don't necessarilyagree with this being 100% politically motivated, but I do think liberals in Washington are on a power trip. So there could be some truth to why some liberal contributing dealerships stayed open. imo~Liberals in DC know the MSM won't investigate them like they did Bush and his Admin; so[imo] they aren't as worried about their actions. ie: Pelosi's words/actions gets heated, she leaves the country.  Her and the liberal media think the American people are "out of sight" out of mind" people.  So, she'll come back to business as usual. It's rather pathetic, imo. And [R]'s did this too.  But today we have [D]'s in the majority and in office and they are spending money and making decisions like high school kids home alone with daddy's credit card.  So, I don't hold ANYTHING past any politician.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:35 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Doesn't that sound pretty far fetched to you?

No.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:40 PM on May. 30, 2009

• But to think that Obama personally picked which dealerships to close, due to Republican leanings really is far fetched. And that is what is implied in the op, that Obama might be behind this. Seriously, he has too much on his plate to devote any amount of time to retalliating against Republicans. And whether he likes it or not, he really does need Bipartisanship to get this country back on track and I'm sure he knows it.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 3:43 PM on May. 30, 2009

• See, imo, you are diverting. The OP says nothing of OBAMA directly. It clearly states the Obama ADMINISTRATION. Have you seen how many CZARS this guy has? If he has enough plates for the czars, I am sure there is time to devote. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• imo~Liberals in DC know the MSM won't investigate them like they did Bush and his Admin

Ok, I would not be at all surprised if there were some political motivation behind this but really? Like the MSM investigated Bushco or asked real any questions in the run up to the Iraq invasion?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 3:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• His administration is aware that the American Public is watching every move they make, and while I'm sure you won't agree, I do not believe they would be that stupid.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 3:54 PM on May. 30, 2009

• nothing new to me im just waiting out the next twenty years before we can get the country back where it started---in twenty years they have KILLED the Constitution....chicka:)
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 4:01 PM on May. 30, 2009