What should I get my four year old girls for their birthday?

They are twins and will be four in August and I am really struggling both on what to buy for them, and what to do on their actual birthday! Any input appreicated! :o) x x x

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 3:21 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What about holding a princess themed party? Part of their present could be princess stuff - like a princess dressing up outfit, some of those play shoes and jewellry. With Tris we had a pirate themed party (pics on my homepage btw) and everyone had a great time. My family all came dressed as pirates and it was ace!
    mummy2tristan

Answer by mummy2tristan at 3:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• wow!!!! that sounds fun! We dont have any family near here though.....hmm....i am DEFINATLEY doing that next year. Definatley! Thats a great idea!
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 4:06 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I know a mom who had 4 yr old twin girls and she took them to a chocolate making place for their bdays. The kids were able to make some sort of treat and they also had a room to play in I think. Or you could do one of those bounce house places, if there's one in your area. Or you could always just go with their favorite cartoon character for a party theme. We are doing Dora for our daughter this year. I'm having it outdoors at a park with a pinata for the kids. As far as gifts do they have bikes already? My daughter is turning 4 and we got her a new bike (she just had a tricycle before that). She's also been asking for a new baby doll. So just listen to what your girls are into right now to find out what they'd like. Good luck and have fun! :)
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 1:18 AM on May. 31, 2009

• What about a play kitchen (big item)? Art supplies? Individual backpacks with unique items they are interested in? Dress up items? Figurines to play with? Have Fun!!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:56 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Here are some themes (Princess/Fancy Nancy/Strawberry Shortcake/My little Pony/Hello Kitty) for a birthday party and also gifts under each theme. Pick one of the themes that you think they would like and look through all the stuff that goes with it (gifts/supplies/favors/games).  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

Here is also a princess pillow case and princess soap which they might like too (both are more practical then toys). http://www.cjkidz.com/coolstuff.html  

There is also the Knot Fairy Book which is cute...you could get a fairy hairbrush to go with it and a fairy toothbrush http://www.cjkidz.com/Books.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 2:59 PM on May. 31, 2009