Supreme Court Judges, what do you think?

Do you believe that judges should rely on international law to interpret the U.S. Constitution?

Do you believe (as Obama) that personal experiences should be a factor for a judge?
How can a judge claim to be impartial if using the subjective and unique experiences of a judge as a factor in deciding cases involving the interpretation of the Constitution?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 3:25 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What kind of International law are you talking about?

I personally think we should look Judges personal record .Work history,experience.I don't think we can change anybody's personal experience,it is part of them.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 3:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

Seriously, why should international law of any sort matter? We are the United States of America. Not the Global States of the World.
    However, In some recent cases, some judges have cited international laws to interpret the 8th amendment of the US Constitution.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I think that a resume is important, but Obama is not looking at his pick (Sotomayor) objectively. He is just as emotional as she is. They are playing up the "minority" card waaaay too much.

I think the need to uphold the law objectively without any personal emotion.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Obama likes closet racists, just like he is, therefore he likes Sotomayor.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 3:55 PM on May. 30, 2009

• SOTOMAYOR: Please let me help you have illegals take over the country.
    Please leave the American People in the dark; it's better that way.
    Please let me help you fulfill your divine plan to rule this country as Hitler did Germany.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 4:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• chicaboom
    Your reply is just plain stupid!
    Anonymous

• thundernlight
    Please show me that our President is closet racist. Your reply is idiotic.
    Anonymous

• chikaboom you are just stupid.Your respones is stupid.
    Anonymous

• 1. No international law should have zero effect on the decision making from our judges.
    2. Yes, personal experience is impossible to quantify so any judge will have to take into account their personal experiences, Judge Alito summed that up perfectly.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I believe that a judge should be impartial and personal experiences should hold no bearing on his/her views on a particular case. I also believe that we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and not THE UNITED WORLD.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 6:30 PM on May. 30, 2009