In need of advice about my 8yr old son!

Ok i have two boys 8 and 6. The 8yr old is driving me insane, i'm at my wits end with him. He is constitly doing the thing he is not suppose to be doing. Like touch things that are not his, we can be in a store and i tell him to put his hands in his pockets and i will turn around he will then either take his hands out and start touching or use his elbows. Even at my parents house the first thing he does is start touching thing. When i was a child my grandparents would not have had that at all. And its not like we alow him to or dont disapline him thats for sure. And when it comes to disapline nothing seems to work. I can send him to the corner which once there crys more then some of my very young daycare children i watch. Or plays around. He is constently when asked to do something to completing the task. I can be very sassy and smart mouth i just want to back hand. If anyone can help i would so apprciate the help.

redneckwmn99

Asked by redneckwmn99 at 3:43 PM on May. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It sounds like he may have a sensory disorder; I would get him evaluated.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree. I have 8yr. old and 5yr. old boys. My 5yr. old is the difficult one, and we are in the process of having him evaulated for sensory issues. It's like he always has to be touching things, gets extremely upset, etc. moreso than a 'normal' child his age.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:15 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I'm deffinatly gonna talk to his dr. about it this summer and see what she says. I just dont know if he just has no self control or what. I'm just so tired of yelling at him all the time. Its as bad as he does not even wipe his butt. I give him flushable wipes and what ever and everytime he goes to the bathroom u will find BM in potty and to toilet paper and not flushed. He will have poop in his underwear and his butt stinks and itches.
    redneckwmn99

Answer by redneckwmn99 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2009