HELP! I need to know how to put on cufflinks!!!

My son's prom is in a couple of hours & I need to know how to put the button covers and the cufflinks on. He's never worn them before & I've never seen them put on & hubby's at work. Please help me!!!!

eeyoreplus4

Asked by eeyoreplus4 at 3:57 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Button covers slide over and lock on each button after the shirt is buttoned. For cuff links, you slide the post through the two holes on the cuff, then straighten out the bottom of the post to form a T. The top bar of the T will be against your son's wrist. The open end is where the decoration would be.

Just don't ask me to tie a bow tie.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Thanks!!!
    We have a pre-tied bowtie!
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 4:06 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Ok. I got the button covers to work, but the cufflinks seem to be really loose.
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 4:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Don't worry if they're loose, they won't come out. If the sleeves seem very long, they may be "french cuffs" which are meant to be folded back onto themselves before being fastened, so they'd actually fasten about an inch or two back up the arm from the wrist.

Tell him that freaky Internet people hope he has a great time tonight! :D
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• LOL. They aren't the french cut. Just have the two holes. And he's looking over my shoulder, so he got the message. He is the one who suggested I ask on here. He's like "They're all moms, someone has to have a kid who's done this."
    Again THANK YOU!!!
    eeyoreplus4

Answer by eeyoreplus4 at 4:51 PM on May. 30, 2009