8.5 month odl with a runny bottom..

my dd has had runny poo for the past week and it burs when she goes I have put her on a brat diet and no change any suggestions on how to make her feel better???

hedtrippe

Asked by hedtrippe at 4:05 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put vaseline and neosporin 50/50 mic on her butt. its will protect it and make it feel better. if its really bad maybe call the dr. make sure shes drinkin pedialyte so she stays hydrated. maybe its just teething or some littl ebug causing it. it if goes for more than a week definatly call the dr!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I have been puting butt past on her but I thimk I might try your suggestion I do think she is teething but I have been thinking that for what seems to be months she has signs and no teeth
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 5:11 PM on May. 30, 2009

• It sounds like an allergy. Allergy trigger foods include wheat, dairy, soy, citrus, nuts, and others that I can't thing of. Feed her just breastmilk (or formula) for a few days. Then start over with solids and go back to basics: avocado, sweet potato, oatmeal, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:24 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My dd had a runny bottom for almost 2wks when she was teething, even though she didn't cut her first tooth till wks after. I've heard that because there is an increase in saliva production and because she was swallowing it, it was making her have the runny bottom. I don't know how true it is, I read it online when I was looking for symptoms of teething. I'd call her doctor if it didn't improve in a few days. It very well could be an allergy like rkoloms said.... has she had anything different that she hadn't had before?
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 8:54 PM on May. 30, 2009