Does anyone have any advice about having miscarriages?

I have had one misscarriage and they think that I will misscarriage this one too. I have done everything the doctor has said but I am still scared that it will happen with this one too. I really am looking forward to haveing another baby but if this keeps happening. I may just give up on ever having another one again.

cadensmommiie07

Asked by cadensmommiie07 at 4:22 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Women can have miscarriages and get preggo again and have no problems once you get thur you 1st trimester your chance of having a miscarriage decreases. I have had mis carried and had no problems with my daughter. Has your doctor gave you any reasons why there worried that you may miss carry again? What was the reasons if so?
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If you feel more comfortable talking one on one feel free to e-mail
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:28 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I had 3. My first 3 pregnancies. I then had 2 live births (now 29 & 26). I had an "old fashioned" doctor....in fact, he delivered me when I was born. His words were "Your body just isn't ready yet" and stuff like that. He had a very calm way about him, and that helped me alot. Eventually through various problems for other things (uterine polyps, fibroids) we found out that I had a bi-cornuate uterus......that makes it very hard to "hold" a baby. Bi-cornuate means I had 2 tops to my uterus.....think heart-shaped. I've since had my uterus removed at age 45.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• WHo is "they" first off? Your Dr saying you might miscarry again, or someone else? THere are many reason that your body will miscarry a baby. I lost 3, before being diagnosed with a progesterone deficiency. IT is easy to treat once you know what it is. Alot of Drs though will not test untill you have multiple losses. Sometimes you will lose a baby because of improper implantation, a genetic abnormality, anything at all really, and it wont happen again the next time. Some things, like my progesterone problem, I have to be on meds the first trimester to keep from miscarrying. I would go see your Dr as soon as possible and discuss why he thinks it happened last time, wwhat he is going to do about it this time, and if you are really worried, request an hcg test, they take blood draws 48 hours apart, and the hcg in a healthy pregnancy will double within 48 hours. GL Also check out this site, http://pregnancyloss.info/
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:14 PM on May. 30, 2009