Does anyone have a good meal and fitness plan to go on?

My daughter is 10 months old and starting to self wean from breastfeeding. With this I'm starting to gain weight back that I would like to keep off. I will admit I dont eat as healthy as I should but I have no idea where to begin. I don't eat red meat but do eat chicken and fish. The problem as far as what to do for a fitness plan eludes me because I am still going to try and breastfeed til shes 18 months so I still need those extra calories. Can someone please help me?!?!

Mya-Audreysmom

Asked by Mya-Audreysmom at 4:30 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• If she is self weaning then she is going to stop when she is ready so it wont matter if you want her to continue until 18 months. Cut out the junk food and starchy foods. Eat 6 small meals a day, drink water and do at least an hour of cardio a day.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. If you would like meal ideas or recipes, let me know!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i've heard of this system that really helps lose the baby weight fast, i haven't tried it but my friend used it and lost the baby weight and more http://fatlossfit.tk/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• Anon 12:33 this 'system' is FOR SALE! How are you affiliated with this program? It would seem that you are posting a lot about it! Why? You are not giving us any details, all you say is "I heard" great buy it yourself and try it out, or stop selling your product to us. (it's annoying however much I admire your perseverance)

malindasb

Answer by malindasb at 11:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2009

• YES!! I know of a GREAT exercise program. Have you heard of the Bill Phillip's Body For Life Program? I have his book (both of them). He has a Body For Life Book that includes names & how-to directions of exercises, meal plans, information on how to change your lifestyle to maintain the body & life that you want. He tells you step-by-step how to accomplish your nutrition & fitness goels. Quick summary: you do 20 mins of arobic exercise every other day (preferably in the morning) & on the alternate days you do upper body workout one day & lower body workout on other days.
    Example:
    Monday-- 20 min arobics
    Tuesday-- lower body workout
    Wednesday--20 min arobics
    Thursday-- upper body workout
    Friday-- 20 min arobics
    Saturday--lower body workout
    Sunday-- this will be your FREE day. No workout & feel free to eat whatever u want!
    I highly recommend this book to anyone seriously considering getting back in shape. Good luck!
    Lextacy

Answer by Lextacy at 1:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2009

• 8 glasses of water a day, keep a food diary of everything and the time you put things in your mouth. Change from white bread to whole wheat. Fish and chicken are great. Eat a good breakfast, my doctor said that's where you can cheat. Nothing white. That means no sugar, no mayo unless it's half a teaspoon, etc. Look for cereals that say whole wheat...not whole grain. For exercising: walking is great. Take your kid in a stroller. light weights with reps of 3 to 4 with counts of 10 to 15. Also, when you exercise try doing it for an hour to 90mins. If you can't, lextacy's post might be best for you. Mix things up. Remember, to forgive yourself when you fall off the wagon. This is a long term goal and will not come easy. Eat 8 servings of fruit, 8 servings of veggies, 3oz of lean meats. Lunch should be light. Snack on fruits between meals. Nuts are great. Use a smaller plate for dinner meals. Good luck. Hope this gave you ideas.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:54 PM on Jun. 1, 2009