does anyone have anything to donate to a baby girl?

im 16 and pregnant for the first time, im having a baby girl and i cant exactly afford many things at the moment, she is due sept 11 09, if anyone would like to donate anything it would be greatly appreciated, you can message me for more info .thank you and god bless

teenmom414

Asked by teenmom414 at 4:32 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This site lists free items that people are giving away.  There may be a group in your area.

http://www.freecycle.org/

LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 4:39 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I have a ton of baby girls clothes but the shipping alone would put me out of more money unless you live in Virginia Beach. Try Freecycle or craiglist to see if anyone has free items in your area.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• try shopping at local garage sales. u can look in your local paper. people usually advertise if theyre re going to have a lot of baby items..and sizes and sex if they are. congrats and good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 4:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• .. where do you live? i have tons of stuff
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

• if you live clsoe to me
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 5:39 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't understand why you are having a child that you cannot afford. There are many loving couples who have the means to take care of a child, yet are physically unable to have one. It would be an act of love to allow one of them to adopt your baby. Many couples will agree to an open adoption, so you can be a part of your baby's life.
    Anonymous

• dont you have any family that can help you? where is the father? is he working to support you and the baby? it is clear to me that if you can be online and afford internet..who is paying for it? unless u are at a library..then how did you get there, in what car? and how do u pay for gas? im sorry i may seem a little mean, but before i send anyone anything free, i make sure i get all the infomation i need to make sure its not a scam.
    Anonymous

• "I don't understand why you are having a child that you cannot afford. There are many loving couples who have the means to take care of a child, yet are physically unable to have one. It would be an act of love to allow one of them to adopt your baby. Many couples will agree to an open adoption, so you can be a part of your baby's life."

Wow. I agree that adoption is great, but just because money is tight doesn't mean she should give up her child. Go to places like Goodwill and Salvation Army, and research all the baby gear. When money is super tight you can get by without the expensive furniture (use floor/bed vs. changing table, cosleep vs. crib) for at least the first few months. Start buying diapers now so that you will have a stockpile later. Hand-me-downs are great, join a church and you'll find lots of parents in the area with stuff just taking up room in storage that you could borrow.

Be resourceful, and strong :)
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 6:28 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My boyfriend and I had our son when we were freshly 21, and it wasn't the right time financially for us, but we squeezed every penny and cut out all non-vital items in our lives. We love our son, he's the center of our world. We happily work our tails off so that he has everything he needs and some of the fun extras too. Babies need to be spoiled with love, and luckily that's free... Good luck, you'll make it work!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 6:36 PM on May. 30, 2009

• use craigslist!
    i got a free crib from there!
    u can find tons of things there
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:12 PM on May. 30, 2009