I've been having a lot of pains in my stomach, is that normal?

Im 2months pregnant, and i've been having a lot of pains. They arent constant, i'll just get a really bad stabbing pain, and have to lay down for a while. and after about 10 mins in will go away, i've had them multiple times. I dont have insurance right now so i cant go to the doctor to make sure everything is ok. Then i had a dream that i had a misscarriage and it only made me even more nervous. I talked to a couple of my friends, and they all told me its most likely normal, but they were all guys so their opinion on this doesnt really mean much to me, cuz really now, how would they know?

holly082290

Asked by holly082290 at 4:44 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its called quickening. Your muscles are stretching along with you uterus so you will feel pains and all kinds of weird things. If your not spotting or cramping then drink water and rest, dehydration will also do that to you. Apply for state insurance or go to planned parenthood where they can lead you to a doctor who can take you on for free or cheap.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:46 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Im 2months too & I have the sharp pain too. I get them twice a day. I think its because im not drinking enogh water. So im trying to drink more. I didn't have this w/my first baby. Im gona ask my Dr. on my next visit. You can apply for Medical or Healthy Families. Good Luck...
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 8:17 PM on May. 30, 2009

• eptopic pregnancy??? maybe
    Anonymous

• I have the same thing. My doctor says it is the uterus stretching to accommodate the baby. I was told that it was fine unless there was a lot of bleeding. Good luck.
    lilkgfan

Answer by lilkgfan at 10:34 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i'm in the same boat right now. i was also told that it is the uterus stretching, and esp with your first child you'll feel it more. just make sure to up your fluid intake and rest whenever you feel tired.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2009