what kinda tea can i have that wont dry up my milk supply

i heard some teas can dry you up when breastfeeding im tired of water and juice/ lemon aid. and is green tea bad to drink breastfeeding

alvarado05

Asked by alvarado05 at 4:47 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Anything thats decaffeinated is fine. Green tea would be okay along with sweet tea. You milk isn't going to dry up on you just because you have tea once in awhile. Ive never heard of tea drying you up.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:49 PM on May. 30, 2009

• There is a tea called Mother's milk. You can also increase your supply by drinking lots of water, nursing more often, taking brewers yeast tablets, taking fenugreek capsules, having lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby and relaxing.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I drink Lipton iced tea ALL DAY LONG! I may be giving this kid caffeine, but I'm a tea drinker. I'm not say it's ok to drink a gallon of tea a day, like I sometimes do. I'm just telling you it will not effect your supply.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 9:23 AM on May. 31, 2009

• As long as you're nursing...your milk supply shouldn't dry up. Enjoy some tea!!! I drink coffee...a lot. A lot..a lot. Well..I'm down to two cups a day now but, I'm pregnant and still nursing my 1 year old. I wouldn't worry.
    discokittten

Answer by discokittten at 9:49 AM on May. 31, 2009