Do diet pills work?!

I am 5'6 and weigh about 158. My SO thinks I'm too heavy and is always pointing it out. It's really racking my nerves! I've tried cutting back on what I eat, fighting temptations on food, and exercising. It's not working fast enough!!!!!! And no, this question is not a joke. I'm dead serious.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:09 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Pills never work. Exercise and eating right always work. See a nutritionist if you can to set up the best eating plan for you. Even if some pill works the weight loss will most likely not be permanent and when it does return it will be twice as hard to lose as well as depressing which only compounds the problem. Don't waste your time and put your health at risk taking some pill that has God knows what in it. Just think about all of the recalls that have happened in just the past few years.  All of these "magic" pills have "Diet and exercise for best results" written on them, that is because they don't work. Your SO needs to get a grip and stop griping. You are not obese or even that overweight. Lose the weight for you NOT your SO!!

Anonymous

• stackers XPLC. They are great.
    Anonymous

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 PM on May. 30, 2009