what do you think about dating a man older than you ?

I'm 25 years old and been talking to this guy that 40, i feel like he a little bit to old for me but he seem to understand each other, i think that age is just a number but not every one thinks like me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• My dh is in his 40's and I am 29.We have been married for almost 9 yrs and have a 5 yr old dd...we are very happy with each other and dont pay attention to what other people may think.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 5:26 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Don't pay attention to what other people think. I'm 29 (almost 30) and my dh is 42. We've been together 12 years and married almost 10. We have two kids 8 and 4. Age is just a number and don't let what other people think keep you from being happy.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:31 PM on May. 30, 2009

• There is a 13 year difference between me and my DH. Just a number. Have fun. Enjoy life and no it really does not matter what others think.
    Anonymous

• he was the love of my life. I wish I coudl still be by his side. I miss him everyday.
    Anonymous

• my SO is 7 years older, quiet the differance when i was just 18 when i met him....

as lognas your ahppy who cares? you might get looks but they done count

ppl ask me when i go out to eat with my dad if hes my husband,,, hes 40, im 23...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I am 8 years older than my husband, and look younger than him. As long as you are both comfortable with the age difference, don't worry about what other people think.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My father was 13 years older than my mother.  She was 25 and he was 38 when they were married.  They were happily married until my father passed away 5 days before their 49th anniversary. 

Remember as you get older that age gap closes.  If you like this man then don't let the age gap become a problem and just enjoy each other.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The only time it would make a difference is if children were involved. If he has children it might be a little uncomfortable for you, or he may not want more children, or any children.
    Other than that... my hubby is 16 years older than me and I don't care what anyone thinks about it. I love the person he is and I wasted no time in calling him mine :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• im 25 and my dh is 35. It doesn't make a difference at all but you can notice it in different tastes; like music and clothes. Also, he is having more trouble getting used to all the things babies bring whereas im more adaptable. Tread with caution, age does matter! i used to think it didnt
    Anonymous