how to punish arguing/fighting/bickering siblings

They do this everyday im not joking, at the end of my tether, they can be playing nicely, then wrestling, someone gets hurt then its HELL TO PAY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• perhaps send them to seperate rooms????
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:26 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My boys do the same thing...send them outside or give them chores! Or you can ignore it. Tell them if they have to go to the hospital for injuries then its coming out of their allowance! It's expensive!
    rose123

Answer by rose123 at 3:31 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Try to get to them before the fighting starts. Catch them playing nicely or being kind to each other and praise them. Try to find things to do with them individually, if only for a few minutes, just to keep them from resorting to the fighting. Most of the time when my two boys are fighting it boils down to them being bored, or tired. If you can find the triggers, maybe you can stop it before it starts.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 4:12 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Send them to seperate rooms. Or, have them sit down and talk it out with each other, with you in the room. That way if it gets too out of hand, you can stop it. You can also give them a chore chart, that way they're either working together or doing their own thing. When my siblings were living here, I had the dishes, my sister had to vacuum, and my brother had to take out the trash and feed our animals. It kept us from fighting. Plus, my sister and I switched chores everyday. It kept us busy and there was a lot less fighting. If one needed help from the other, we'd do it, to make it go quicker.
    YikezItzKaitlyn

Answer by YikezItzKaitlyn at 4:49 PM on May. 31, 2009