my bestfriend...

my bestfriend got this boyfriend for almost 3 yrs now and I caught him kissing another girl. But there's 1 problem she always thought I had something for him and always accused me of flirting and bad talking her to him and she believed him over me. But anyway after all that I never really wanted anything to do with her at all. I felt like she chose her boyfriend over her bestfriend. After about 5 months she called me and apologized and we started talking little by little after a while. Now I saw her bf kissing his ex and I dnt want to say anything cause I feel like it's not my problem at all. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Normally I would say tell but not after what the history is.
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 5:30 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Most of the time I would say honesty is the best policy but you are in a tough situation. I understand you don't want to lose your bestfriend again. That being said if she truly is sorry for what she said to you in the past then when/if you tell her the truth she should be willing to listen at the least. IMO a best friend should always tell the truth no matter what. If she reacts badly and stops being friends perhaps someday she will learn the truth on her own and apologize to you again but it will be up to you if you want to try the friendship again. Is there any way to get proof or was someone with you to back you up?
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 5:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Yeah, I agree with ShoesRLove, I would normally say " Tell Her" . I think since she's the kind of person who doesn't want to hear the truth from her best friend and wants to live in denial , than I wouldn't say anything. When she hears that he is cheating from someone else and comes to you to you with it just say "I know, I saw him with someone on such and such day" or whatever and when she's hurt because you did not tell her, then you can use your past experience with her as an example.
    Anonymous

• Leave it alone. I think since she has been negative before she is in denial. This is her problem not your. Sounds like this guy is a bit of a jerk. She knows this deep down. She will have to figure this out on her own.
    Anonymous

• Well i was with my lil sister but that's no good....the onliest thing I could think of is that my bestfriend should confront her bf's ex...cause i heard she's the type of girl that would say something like 'yeah i fooled @ with ur man...he's always coming back to me''
    Anonymous

• I love my best friend. That is why I would never be the one to tell her. Trust me, she will find out. There are plenty of people who love to gossip. I don't want to be the one to tell my best friend. If her husband was cheating and I told her-there are three possible endings.

1-she believes me and leaves her husband and everything is fine.
    2-she doesn't believe me and ends our friendship.
    3-she believes me and ends her relationship only to work it out with her husband who now hates me and refuses for her to speak to me.

I wouldn't risk my friendship. But, if you aren't really close to her, then go ahead.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 5:40 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If this other girl is a gossip then she will more then likely tell your best friend. While I like to be as honest as possible, this situation sounds like a lot of drama and it would probably be in your best interest to not get involved.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 5:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Think of what your motive is. Do what is best for your friendship. It doesn't sound as though she's quality friend material to begin with, so I'd probably avoid the drama.. but I'd probably limit my exposure to her as well. It sucks to end up in such a coincidental situation.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:51 PM on May. 30, 2009