Has anyone else noticed this about some of the anti-gay people?

I dunno, maybe it's just me...but it seems like a lot of anti-gay supporters think that gay people are nasty, or that all they do is have sex.

They have sex probably just as much or as little as straight people have sex. I've just noticed that a lot of people have the misconception that being in a gay relationship is all sex sex sex.

Have you noticed this as well?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:42 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think there is some truth to this. THe reason this is is probably due to the tact that when you think of a relationship between anyone, the sexual part is definately part of the thought process. I think gay men ecspecially have been portrayed as being oversexaulized and unfortunately, this thought process has not gone away.
    lovemylife10

Answer by lovemylife10 at 5:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Well, I don't know if they think they are oversexualized, but that seems to be the only part of the relationship they have a problem with. They don't mind if the two were just friends who livied together. But, if you through in the possibility that there might be sex, everybody gets in an uproar.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I know! They think gay people are fornicating 24/7...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I think it's because it's the only thing they have the problem with. I mean, what else are they going to say? "I don't like them b/c they have a solid, loving relationship, much like my own."? Everything about a same sex relationship is exactly the same as an opposite sex relationship, EXCEPT for the sex. So, rather than realize that gay people have just as many rights as straight people, and that they should be entitled to the same things, they'll just bash them for having sex.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:16 PM on May. 30, 2009

• OK I don't agree with this. I am TOTALY against gay realtionships and I believe it is a sin. I don't think that all they do is have sex as a matter of fact one of my cousins is gay. I know that they have other wise normal lives, but in my beliefe if they don't turn form their sin and ask for forgiveness they will go to hell. I would also like to say that I do not find THEM nasty I find the behavior and actions nasty.
    Anonymous

• When people who are against gay people have an issue with them because of their actions more than anything else, do they also have an issue with straight people doing the same thing?

Is it the idea of two men/two women making out? Or the idea of making out?
    Is oral sex only bad if it's between two people of the same sex, or does that go for straight couples as well?
    How about anal sex?
    Any position other than missionary?

Curious. :)
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:15 PM on May. 30, 2009