my 3 year old.... LONG

my DS will be 3 on june 30th.... he is driving me crazy!!!

he refuses to talk, more than what is necessary is ever said.
he wont be potty trained. he knows how, he does it completly on his own, whiping and all, but wont unless he feels like it , if hes busy playing he will ask for a diaper, and if i dont put one on him he will jsut pee his pants then take them off and put on a new pair.

also he loves taking things apart, im talking anything, the remotes, his cars, flash lights, you name it..

im at my wits end with him thought, he refuses to let me teach him, he refuses to play with anyone,

and yes im a SAHM, but he goes to the YMCa atleast 5 hours a week...

what should i do? is he normal? should in i just let him grow at his own pace?

2cuteboysrmine

Asked by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:52 PM on May. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• can you try enrolling him in preschool in the fall. my DS turned 3 in march and is starting a 3 yr old program through the church. its great its 2 days a week and its the same preschool that does the 4 yr old one thats state registered. maybe he will do better with other people for awhile. and then if he has an accident while playing it will be embarassing. good luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:15 PM on May. 30, 2009

• preschool around here for 3 year olds is still 4-5 days a week and 3-4 hours a day.... and he got pushed out of the program because we are moving before the school year starts , its crap...

right now we cant affor a private preschool...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If you don't agree with your pediatrician find a new one. I had to take my daughter to 3 doctors to send me to a specialist with her.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• we love our pedi... she does think i set too many goals for the kids though
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:45 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Well, then I'd listen to her. I do the same thing with my DD and my mom has to remind me she's only 2. I'd probably lay of the potty training for now. When he starts preschool he's going to not want to be the boy who still goes in his pants.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Sounds like you have a spoiled brat and you need to put your foot down! Whether it be by spanking or time out. 123 Magic is a great book about disipline.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• how do i have a spoild brat?
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• so i retought my answer. Have you had him tested for Autisim? I have a friend who is having her son tested he acts very similer.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:54 PM on May. 30, 2009

• spoiled brat..
    How he is doing the potty training. do you disipline him when he pees his pants? You said he will stop and ask for a diaper and will go in his pants if he doesn't get one (which means f he doesn't get his way) That is a toddler controlling a mom! My child did that. I nipped it really fast. She now has time to go to the bathroom.
    Maybe spoiled was to harsh but sounds like there are some control issues going on which is normal with that age. You just need to find what works disipline wise and be consistant.
    By autistic.
    Wont play wiht others, wont talk
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• yes i dicipline him when he goes in his pants, he sits in time out and has to clean up his mess, if he is playing hard and i dont put a diaper on him yes he goes in his pants, he dosent do it right in front of me. like at the Y he wants me to put a diaper on before we go, or if we are going outside, he knows he can play longer without having to take breaks to potty.

we have NO control issues, i run a tight ship... im the mom, they do as I say! but how do you maek someone talk? or use the potty?

ive been consistant since the day he was born.

and no we wont test him for autism. unless it is advised by our pedi.
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:47 PM on May. 30, 2009