What are the best finger foods for my 7 mth boy?

also im introducing a sippy cup what do i put in there? apple juice or his formula?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 5:54 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started my son out with water in his sippy cup...that way it was like he was a big boy! And finger foodwise, at 7 months he was eating animal crackers, Gerber puffs, and stuff like that. Also, try the Gerber Raviolis! My son LOVES them because he can feed them to himself (and they are not that messy!).
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 6:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If he does okay with puffs for awhile you can do cheerios, yogurt melts, small cubes of very ripe pear, bits of banana, avocado, grapes PEELED and cut into quarters (at least that small)... Avoid the juice. Stick with water in the sippy till he gets the hang of it, then you can start trying a little formula once he stops spilling/dribbling it everywhere.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:05 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My dd started with formula in her sippy.... the first finger foods she had was the gerber puffs and small crackers (like baby goldfish), and soft fruits like watermelon and bananas. She can't get enough watermelon and bananas now (when I can get her to eat anything!!!) I loved it when she started eating 'big girl food.' It was such an experience to see the looks on her face with each new texture and taste!!!
    kayla_trinity

Answer by kayla_trinity at 8:50 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Water in the sippy. Never juice. Puffed brown rice and puffed corn are fun finger foods (stay away from the sugar sweetened baby puffs). chunks of avocado and baked sweet potato. brown rice noodles

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on May. 31, 2009

• The baby puffs actually only have one gram of sugar per 72-90 pieces (depending on the brand). It's negligible. It's actually about the same amount as in plain cheerios.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:04 AM on May. 31, 2009

• juice is what the doctor says to put in the cup because it's a different taste and makes them want to take the cup when offered. The gerber snacks like the puffs and yogurt bites are really soft as soon as they hit their mouths, these are the best and safest snacks i have found.
    tiff94222

Answer by tiff94222 at 10:20 AM on May. 31, 2009