• In the Spotlight:

Do you own your baby's body? Is it yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on May. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, right now I kind of do, since she's only five months old. She can't even wipe her own ass yet, so I do kinda sorta have control over her.

...Is this some kind of secret abortion read-between-the-lines question?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• umm kinda sorta, i mean the even a toddler really can't do much with out an adult helping so in a way yes. but do i look at my kids as my property, no
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• i guess the way to put it is you are in control of caring for and giving them whats best for their body until they are legally, physically, and mentally able to care for as they wish to.....to be politically correct
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Own? Thats sort of an odd way to put it, but really no I dont feel like I 'own' my babys body, I feel like I am incharge of caring for and protecting my babys body, and everything else as for that matter too.
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:14 PM on May. 30, 2009

• ...Is this some kind of secret abortion read-between-the-lines question? LOL
    I would say yes i do and no i dnt..''he cnt even wipe his ass yet'' and no cause i cnt make his body do something...does that make sense to you :P
    Anonymous

• nope! He is God's as we all are!
    Anonymous

• I dont own my children. I got told the other day I have my kids paid off. It made me so mad i just kept my mouth shut though cause he was training my husband on selling life insurance. I take care of my children and i do what I feel is best for them.
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 6:56 PM on May. 30, 2009

• own??

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I don't own my child, but from a legal standpoint, my husband and I are the sole decision makers about what happens to her body until she is 18. When she's old enough to understand, she will be included in any decisions regarding her body. Technically, she can't even get a tattoo or a body piercing w/o my consent.  And as she gets older, you better believe I'll still have a say in how she dresses but hope to teach her to respect herself. 

Anonymous

• No, I don't own my children, they are not possessions. I am 100% responsible for them because they are my children. I want to care for them and I want to provide for them.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 7:46 PM on May. 30, 2009