When you just gave birth

When you just gave birth...did you jump out of bed when you hear a cough or sneeze or some funny sound? I did!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did, but ended up on the floor to begin with. I had an emergency csection and i'd make sure I got to my baby to check on her but wouldn't be able to move after that.... LOL one time our dd sneezed, and her arms and legs FLEW into the air! she scared herself!!! LOL we laughed SOOO hard! She was only like 6 days old... it was so cute!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• with my first yes i did! and i had had a c-section so in the hospital dh would jump b/c he stayed awake all night staring at her and was quicker than me, but at home he was passed out one night and i fell over on the floor i jumped up so fast (she was like 4 days old) and had to throw pillows at him to wake him up b/c she slept right through spitting up and i couldn't reach her to clean her up or even to get up myself....he was almost in tears he was laughing so hard, i didn't find it so funny at the time, now it is
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

• yes I couldnt sleep worth Sh&t I was nervous when she was quiet she wasnt breathing and when she'd make a noise she was gonna wake up and need me LOL IT was a horrible time .....cant wait to do it again! LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:42 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My son was in a little bed right next to me so luckily I didn't have to go very far! I still check and make sure he's breathing right and he's 10 months old!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:34 PM on May. 30, 2009

• yes and even now that my daughter is 2 and my twins are1, If its a weird cough, sigh or sound I jump up and take off to their room. I am still paranoid. Not sneezes anymore though. I only did that at first because milk came up with their sneezes.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I thought I would but no I didn't. I wanted to sleep lol...
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:03 PM on May. 30, 2009

• No the nurses assured us that he was going to cough and sneeze and that that was normal. My husband was in the room the entire time so he would check up on him because it was just to much work trying to get up and around the first night.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 10:20 PM on May. 30, 2009

• OMGsh you have no idea! Lol. My DD spent her first 2 weeks in intesive care, and had a monitors to keep track of everything! Heart rate, pulse, o2 sat., temp, etc. At first it was really annoying (lots of beeping), but I found that when they unhooked her, I was like, how will I know her heart is still beating???? It was quite scarry.

We coslept, so she was always there, and I was always checkig on her. She is almost 2 and i still check to see if she is breathing when I get into bed.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:21 PM on May. 30, 2009

• lol yes! I was a super heavy sleeper until my lil man was born...now he is 5 months. I'm not as jumpy now but i usually wake up to any noise he makes though. Doesn't help that he has pneumonia right now either...but to answer your ? yes!! Lol
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:39 PM on May. 30, 2009