how do you feel about people telling you your child is gonna be like someones in the family

i really believe that family should not base a sisters or a relatives child on yours and come out and say he or she is gonna be just like that it offends me . How do you know because children our individuals like us and dont have a personality so moms out there whats your view ??

rainingglass101

Asked by rainingglass101 at 6:30 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i compare my children to aunts/uncles b/c that is how i relate to what they are doing or to each other. i say well my youngest brother did this and we got him to stop/improve by doing this so i'll give that a try. so i don't see it as a bad thing. however i hate when my inlaws tell me how much my daughter looks like their daughter, my husband has dark hair, eyes and a darker skin tone where SIL is pale, blonde, blue eyes like me. so my daughter doesn't look like her she looks like me!!! she doesn't even have any of the facial features my SIL has they just say it b/c of her coloring drives me nuts
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:35 PM on May. 30, 2009

• This is one of those things you need to take with a grain of salt! Family is going to do that. My MIL won't stop bragging about how my DD looks like the men on their side of the family. It bothers me a lot because most of our friends see mainly me, but the both of us in her and that's what we want to hear. Your family probably will see your family trait in your baby, just as his family will do the same because that is what they know.
    It's frustrating, but it's just one of those things where you can either bite your tongue or come up with a witty (some what rude) comment to fire back. :) (the rudeness is just what I would do) ;)
    Remember when you were prego and EVERY ONE wanted to touch your belly? Not that having your stomach molested was high on your list of things to have done to you, but you appeased people because it was new and exciting. It will stop one day when your LO grows into her own personality!
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 6:52 PM on May. 30, 2009

• thankyou guys anyone wanna be friends ??
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 6:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• mine is more of the fact that they compare my boys to my SD, and i think shes a terrible child.....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 7:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• People tell me all the time that my son is going to be just my husband. It doesn't really offend me because I kind of think he will be too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:39 PM on May. 30, 2009

• but when i was little i nevr knew the other side of my family because my dads side thought i wud be like my mother and my mother is a dead beat and so is my father they both abandoned me at birth . I still see them but they made the wrong choice i think and i guess i jsut dont want someone dictating my childs personality i mean how do we know who there gonna be am i right ??
    rainingglass101

Answer by rainingglass101 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 2, 2009