I live in apartments where you put your trash outside since there isnt a dumpster. a few days i put a pizza box outside and then it has been there and the garbage men didnt pick it up. so today I get a call from my landlord yelling at me to put it in a bag,

can I get a evicted for leaving the box outside? I want to complain about my landlord but shes related to everyone so its pointless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Put it in a bag, it's trash. I don't think you would evicted over such a small incident unless it turns into something bigger.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:19 PM on May. 30, 2009

• no i dont think you'd be evicted over that, but it is a good idea to put all your trash in a bag next time! trash out of the bag can really attract roaches and animals. not that bagged trash wont, but at least the bag is tied!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• your landlords job is to maintain the property by calling you and telling you to put it into a bag, thats what shes doing. if you argue it and make it a bigger issue than i'm sure she could find a way to evict you if she really wanted to, but really its a pizza box just put it in a bag and move on
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:37 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The answer to your question is in your lease.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:09 AM on May. 31, 2009

• it's a small incident.. unless there are a number of them, then no, it's not cost effective to her to evict you over a pizza box.

complaining about it won't do anything either... however you can ask her to define things like this when she gets new renters, because you didn't know..

apologizing and taking the fault will put the landlord at ease, and reduce any further problems.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:20 AM on May. 31, 2009

• Many city garbage and sanitation crews do not accept any trash that is not bagged. They will let it sit there until you bag it. I agree with the above comment, you should apologize to your landlord and tell him you didn't realize they wouldn't accept pizza boxes that weren't bagged.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2009