Are there any other single parents out there that get grief from neighbours

ive had neighbours kids throw stones, and water at my dog, and make rude gestures,to my kids when my kids played in our own garden, and ive been verbally abused by the kids, and when i complained to the parents the husband called me rude names and swore at me, i feel they think us single mums are vunerable what does anyone else think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• i doubt it has anything to do with you being a single mom . they probably just dont like you
    Anonymous

• not as much as i hate them though
    Anonymous

• get a gate for your yard. I'm not a single mom and I have had kids trash my garden, curse, and cause problems A gate saves you a lot of problems.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:11 PM on May. 30, 2009

• There's something else going on there. I am a single mother, and I've never had problems like that, and I know other single moms who've never had problems like that. I'm not there, so I don't know what their problem with you is, but there is something going on. If the kids are throwing stones and such at you, your kids or your dog, I would call the cops since the parents aren't doing anything. And I'd consider finding somewhere else to live. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:11 PM on May. 30, 2009

• apart from the fact they are trouble makers oh we have moved, its just a pity we still bump into one or other of them its funny cos they always look uncomfortable when they are on their own almost as if im intimidating just by walking by them
    Anonymous

• Nope - single mother here and never had an issue with neighbors at my apartment...of course, most of them are single parents too! Now that I've moved, I haven't met all the neighbors, but so far, not a problem here either.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I think they dont like me because i owned my house, and they dont jealousy is a bad thing
    Anonymous

• How Rude,you poor thing.If they do this because you are a single mom, they are idiots.No matter the reason...people shouldn't be treated like that.Can you complain to the police department...or maybe move?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I highly doubt you owning a house has anything to do with them throwing rocks or being rude. Were YOU rude going to the parents house when you talked to them? And if the kids are yelling and throwing things and bothering your child/children, why not call the cops?
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 10:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• That's horrible! Well I'm glad you don't live there anymore. I've never heard of such behavior. It's like they think your a witch or something! (Joking!)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:22 PM on May. 30, 2009