I need to know who pays for child care during the summer

When the kids are with their dad this summer do I still pay for all the child care or does he pay when he has them in addition to his support he already pays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on May. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Aren't you required by law to provide child support payments when they are with their father?
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 7:47 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You two should work it out or you should go back to court to figure it out, it should have been discussed in court. But I think legally you have to.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 7:50 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Check your court order. If it is in there you do what the court order says. If the court order doesn't say you have to pay legally you don't and he needs to go back to court and modify it so it spells it out.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Who pays for childcare when you have custody?

If you pay for it when you have them, then he should pay for it when he has them. Seems fair enough.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• In all fairness, he should get a break from child support when he has them for that length of time but as others have said, check the papers to see if it's addressed. If it's not addressed, call your attorney.
    bev1203

Answer by bev1203 at 10:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Check your CO. Mine states that I pay for child care when I have them (I am a SAHM with my new DH so not a big deal as they don't attend daycare) & the Ex pays for child care when he has them. He pays child support every month even though he is supposed to have them for most of the summer. That is because the amount of support is based on both our incomes & then broken out over 12 months, it is not refigured day by day. Talk to your Ex about this before you spend a ton of $$$ on a lawyer. You might be able to work out a solution between the 2 of you.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:49 AM on May. 31, 2009