7 MONTH OLD!!!!!!!!!

WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS 4-5 MONTHS OLD SHE STARTED NOT TO LET ME/ANYONE HOLD HER AND FEED HER...SHE IS NOW 7 MONTHS OLD AND STILL DOES NOT LIKE TO BE HELD AND EAT...SHE ONLY EATS IN HER SWING...DOES ANYONE ELSES BABY DO THIS??!! OR IS THERE SOMETHING IM DOING WTONG...IM A FIRST TIME MOM...THANK YOU:)))

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 7:48 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not sure I understand how she was eating by herself at 4-5 months... propping up a baby with a bottle is very unsafe, especially at that age. Is that what you mean? At 7 months it's definitely safer, as they can sit up and hold the bottle... But I would still discourage this habit.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• every baby is different,it sounds like a stage that will pass.if you try to do something she doesnt like keep trying,u have to be firm or they will grow to run over u.my lil girl tries to scorm and does this scream i hate so much but i keep trying to do what i was..like changinbg her dipar or wiping her face
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• she's just independent. you didn't do anything wrong, it may just be her nature.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:48 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Does she let you and others hold her any other time?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• OK EMILY SUSAN...IDIDNT SAY SHE WAS EATING BY HERSELF AT 5 MONTHS I JUST SAID THAT WE USED TO BE ABLE TO HOLD HER AND FEED HER NOW SHE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT SO THE ONLY WAY SHE WILL EAT IS IF SHE EATS WHILE IN HER SWING...
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 9:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood, since you said that around 4-5 months she stopped letting anyone hold her and feed her. I know some people on here ask about propping up babies with a bottle and we know a family whose baby died from that... it just worries me. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:38 PM on May. 30, 2009

• My daughter did the same thing. Its just a phase. She was just developing her independance and wanted to do things while not in my arms. She even got to where she didn't want me holding her while we played. Shes 2 now and loves me to hold her and cuddle. I'm sure its the same in your situation.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:43 PM on May. 30, 2009

• NO ITS OK...YOU DONT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE...ITS JUST THAT WHEN I ASK A QUESTION SOMEONE HAS TO BE SMART AND I THOUGHT THATS WHAT YOU WERE DOING...BUT ITS COOL...YEA SHE WILL KICK AND SQUIRM UNTIL SHE IS IN HER SWING...WHEN SHE FALLS ASLEEP I PUT HER IN THE CRIB
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 9:44 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I agree, she may just be independent. As long as she is eating well and is happy in that swing, go for it! Lol.

It's funny cause my daughter is teh EXACT opposite. Miss mamas girl!

Everyone is different :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:16 PM on May. 30, 2009