how much weight should you gain during pregnancy?

im 5'2 and usually weigh around 109 am I going to look really fat since im short?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• every body should gain a least 30 lbs per baby go to this web site ww. whattoexpect.com
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 7:55 PM on May. 30, 2009

• not everyone should gain 30 lb. It really depends on your pre pregnancy weight. That is a blanket statement. Your dr will tell you. Both my step sisters were over weight and were told to gain 5-10. one even lost weight because she started eating very healthy (stopped eating chips, soda, candy, ect.)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:09 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Sonia is absolutely correct. Weight gain is dependent on your pre-pregnancy size (not just weight, but overall health). If you are "healthy" than the first they usually say 25 pounds (but this has a lot of dependent factors such as first child, height, pre-pregnancy weight, etc.), but if you are underweight, the doctor may suggest more (I went to college with a girl that her doctor told her if the pregnancy had been planned they would have suggested she gain weight BEFORE getting pregnant). TALK to your doctor! They will know what you "need" to gain. In all honesty YOU might think you look "fat" because you are short, but I guarantee you everyone else is going to think you are beautiful!
    MakylasMom

Answer by MakylasMom at 8:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The norm is, if you are average weight, gain 25-30 lbs. If you are overweight, gan 15 lbs. A lot of weight you gain during pregnancy is water weight and the weight of the baby, so it's not as much as it sounds. I lost 30 lbs instantly after I had my daughter. Ask your OB what's right for you on your next visit.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Baby
    8 pounds
    Placenta
    2-3 pounds
    Amniotic fluid
    2-3 pounds
    Breast tissue
    2-3 pounds
    Blood supply
    4 pounds
    Fat stores for delivery and breastfeeding
    5-9 pounds
    Uterus increase
    2-5 pounds
    Total
    25 to 35 pounds

There's your wt. gain.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 8:33 PM on May. 30, 2009

• The wonderful question about how much weight to gain. They say the average, for someone who has a normal weight to begin with, is 30lbs and I reached that goal at 6 1/2 months. This is my first pregnancy and before I was pregnant I was 139lbs. I think it all depends on your body and how you eat. If you pig out on junk food the weight will pack on like there is no tomorrow. One of the things i did was cut out soda's all together. Water is the way to go. I'm still eating my usual. My husband and I have always tried to eat right to stay in shape. Not every single meal is what it should be I think when you are pregnant, you can cheat every once in a while.
    oOHayliesMomOo

Answer by oOHayliesMomOo at 8:59 PM on May. 30, 2009