My 2 year old took a sip of my wine cooler...

I turned my back for a second to fix the t.v for my other child and when I turned back around,my 2 year old was drinking my wine cooler.He didn't drink a lot.It won't hurt him,will it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on May. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• A sip no! but be more careful next time and keep that stuff in your hand or better yet drink it when they are in bed already.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:08 PM on May. 30, 2009

• No he will be fine. My son did the same thing when he was 2 1/2 but with beer when I walked into the kitchen for a minute, my whole family was sitting in the same room, watched him drink it and no one took it from him.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:11 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Okay, no it will not hurt him. Someone just posted something like this last night. I answered the same way. If it was just a sip then no, just make sure he drinks a lot water and watch him closely just in case he drank more than you suspect.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:13 PM on May. 30, 2009

• No, as there is probaby more alcohol in a dose of Dimetapp than there was in the sip he took, but you really need to watch yourself!!
    Anonymous

• OP here,thank you everyone for answering my question.But for the ones who said that I need to be careful,thank you,but I don't need you to tell me what I need to do.Accidents happen all the time,so please stop trying to jugde me.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should drink when your children are asleep. Then you wouldn't have this problem.
    Anonymous

• No, he'll be fine.

When I was around 2 or 3 my family had a reunion, so there was tons of alcohol around. My dad was caught up in a convo with a relative and he had set his tall can of Colt 45 on the coffee table. Well, being a toddler, it looked like a big soda to me! I took it and chugged down damn near the whole thing before anyone noticed LMAO After the initial shock and fear wore off everyone laughed until kingdom come. Of course I can't remember the story, I was a toddler...a drunk toddler...but my family has NOT let me live it down until this day! My dad cracks up when he talks about it and refers to me as "My lil drunk babeh" LMAO

Sorry it was so long but I just think that story is hilarious. Your son will be fine! Just make sure you keep it out of his reach in the future, but you know that! Oh, and I've never been an alkie either, I don't even like the stuff ;)
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:19 PM on May. 30, 2009

• OP here-Once again anon 9:50,I don't need your parenting tips.
    Anonymous

• A long time ago people would give babies a little liquor to help them with teething. They'd rub it on their gums. It's not a big deal, it doesn't happen often, right? And it wasn't much, right? What's the big deal, anon :50. Lay off already.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:28 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I think he'll be okay, a sip won't do much. But honestly, if you don't want judgement or parenting tips, I would think twice about posting on here! Those are two things that run rampant around here.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 10:39 PM on May. 30, 2009