How can I induce Labor???????? Please HELP!!!

Heather10285

Asked by Heather10285 at 8:26 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sometimes you cant
    but you can try walking and sex
    if you do castor oil odds are it will just make you feel like crap and it also puts the baby at risk to BM in utrus which can ause serious breathing problems .
    are you over due? you can ask your dr to induce
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:27 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Walk and lots of sex...I agree with Mrs. Owen 86. Do not try Castor Oil!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 8:30 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks but the baby is already 8lbs and they say if I go to term he will be to big to have vaginally I don't want a c-section but I don't want to try and bust out a 9 or10lb baby. Also they said his head is very large not that it will get that much bigger in 2 weeks but the sooner he comes out the smaller he will be.
    Heather10285

Answer by Heather10285 at 8:32 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Walking, sex, extreme housecleaning ... just exert a lot of energy!
    Anonymous

• One of my doctor friend say have lot and lots of sex! the more sex you have the better!!
    proudmomwifey

Answer by proudmomwifey at 8:39 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Walking and sex. I had a 9lb. 9.3 oz baby vaginally and I was 2 days late. Talk to your OB, but you really shouldn't induce unless medically needed. Your baby deserves to come out when ready.

Anonymous

• estimates can be off by 2 lbs
    you can have a hevy baby vaginally i know peopel that had a 10 lbs baby vaginally
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:57 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Chances are he just wants to get paid more for less time spent working. The baby being 'too big' is no reason for a doctor to induce. it isn't medically necessary. My cousin gave birth to a 10lb 5oz baby, and she is 5' 1", 115lbs.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 9:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• "I'm 38 weeks but the baby is already 8lbs and they say if I go to term he will be to big to have vaginally."

I'm not trying to be totally unhelpful, but seriously, I'd find a better dr. If he is not skilled in the delivery of babies who are still well within the normal, healthy size for a baby to be at birth, then he's not well trained enough to be putting himself in that situation. More than likely, he's after more convenience and more money. Or he's just terrified of vaginal birth - which makes him a liability in any birth, IMO.

Unless you have a fused or deformed pelvis, you almost certainly can give birth to even a 10 lb baby. Probably not lying on your back with your legs up, that's a terrible position to give birth in and probably the only one your OB knows, but with proper support and an educated staff, you should be able to plan for a vaginal birth. Please PM me or talk to another doula if you want!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:41 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Oh, also -- if you decide after looking at all the information (and if you want truly informed consent, you have to inform yourself - your dr almost certainly will not do it) that an induction is not for you, you can simply calmly tell him "Thanks, I appreciate and understand your concerns, but I'm going to go ahead with my plans to go into labor naturally and then have a vaginal birth." You have the right to informed *refusal*, just the same as you have the right to informed consent.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 9:48 PM on May. 30, 2009