Water sprayed up her VJ... should I be worried?

We were out at the spray fountain and my 6 yo DD saw other girls sitting on the spray spouts, so she did it too. She came running over to me saying she had to pee, but we had litterally JUST got back from the bathrooms (4 or 5 minutes), Then she started bawling and told me what happened and picking at her bathing suit and told me it "itches and hurts.'' Should I be worried about anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I can't see why it would itch or hurt ... if she's ever swam or taken a bath, water would get up there anyway. Did it ever itch or hurt before? She could have broken her hymen if the water pressure was high enough. I would get her to a doctor just to make sure and to avoid any potential infection. Don't feel too down about it Like an idiot, I broke mine when I crashed my bicycle. I felt like an idiot, trust me, but you live on.
    Anonymous