Is this too many contractions?

I'm 33 weeks and having them spontaneously. I've had like ten in the last half hour but they don't last 30 secs. My ob prescribed me terbutaline (its to stop contractions) but I won't take them b/c it makes me way too shaky and gets my heart racing. I'm not experiencing pain with these contractions like when your in labor but it is annoying. Laying down doesnt do anything. I just got done breastfeeding my ds and I know that triggers contractions. Does anyone think I'll be going into labor soon, or can this keep happening til my due date?

babygirl9304627

Asked by babygirl9304627 at 8:40 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If they're sporratic, it's probably Braxton-Hicks. When they start to get regular, then get concerned. If you get concerned, get to triage and see if you're dilating. If you're not dilating, you'll be fine, just annoyed. Good luck to you :)
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:43 PM on May. 30, 2009

• those are braxton hicks if they arent painful and im not sure u should be taking anything for them unless ur dialating with themrelaxation, a warm bath and drinking plenty of fluids can decrease discomfort and or eliminate them
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:43 PM on May. 30, 2009

• If they arent painful they are probably braxton hicks but why wont you take your terbutaline? I was on it with my last pregnancy and yeah it made me feel like crap but it was definitely better than the possibility of seeing my baby on oxygen because it came too early. IDK... sounds selfish to me
    Anonymous

• because they said if heart disease runs in your family to not take it and it does run in my family. plus there are alot of babies born at 33 weeks that live, they give them a shot to mature their lungs and their only in the hospital for as little as a few days. don't judge unless you know
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:23 PM on May. 30, 2009