how long is your period

my period lasts a little over a week. most peoples are like 3 days. why is mine so long i cant stand it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Health

• You are not alone mine has always been 6-7 days. I think shorter periods are people on the pill, but even that never shortened mine.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Mine is 6-7 days also, your not alone.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:05 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I go 7 to 8 days, and some months I have 2 in 1 month. I have even bleed for 4 weeks straight before. Yes I am not normal.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:06 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Mine used to go that long but after the birth of my twins my hormones settled down and I have very regular, 5-6 day periods.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:09 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Mine use to be before I had kids every 28 days exactly and then I would bleed heavy the first 3 days then slow down, but it lasted 8 days once I had my first DD it was very light and lasted 6 days. Then when I had my 2nd DD 17 months ago now my periods are5 days every 24 or 28 days and it is heavy for 5 days straight.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:18 PM on May. 30, 2009

• 3-4 days.... I'm not on the pill either :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 9:59 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I'm not on the pill or any kind of bc so about 7 days, unless and sorry for the TMI, I masterbate and orgasm it shortens it to 5. I read on another forum about it, tired it, and it really works!
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:32 PM on May. 30, 2009