My sister-in-law cheated on my brother...

My sister-in-law cheated on my brother who is currently overseas for 1 year for the US Navy. I moved from SD to Hawaii to help out while he was away. So I live with his wife and son. Im really torn bc its not my place to tell my brother but she says she is going to tell him in a few months, more like when he gets home March2010. Now he is in NO DANGER, he is not in a WAR ZONE. Im posting annon bc im friends on here with her. Thanks Again Please No Bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• that's a hard call. I would probably give her the chance to tell him, but if she didn't then I certainly would because I would want someone to tell me. especially since he's family
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 9:02 PM on May. 30, 2009

• I wouldn't say anything till he gets back if she doesn't. It doesn't matter if he is in danger or not, he is overseas and still has a job to do. If you tell him now his mind will not be where it should be.

Anonymous

• She is totally in the wrong, however, she deserves to be the one to tell him. If she doesn't, then you need to. There are too many diseases out there that she could give him. Once the truth is told, you need to back off & let them make their own decision on the future. War is an ugly thing but necessary at times. Give your brother a HUGE HUG from me. People like him are heroes to me.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the 1st response
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:05 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Don't tell him until he gets back. That's sad and she should be ashamed of herself.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:06 PM on May. 30, 2009

• ditto to answer #1
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Don't tell him until he is back. He doesn't need the added stress. But make her very aware that you plan on informing him if she doesn't.
    I now a young man that was over there.....also not in danger....his wife cheated on him and wrote and told him. Dope. He was so distraught. He came home for a very long time.....not sure how this worked in the Army. He was a mess.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:10 PM on May. 30, 2009

• it's not your place to tell him but I'd tell her to make sure she comes clean with him over it and I'd tell her to NOT do it again or you will leave and let her fend for herself

Answer by admckenzie at 9:15 PM on May. 30, 2009

• You shouldn't tell him at all. And she shouldn't tell him until he's home. Just because he's not in a war zone or in danger *right now* doesn't mean he won't be. He doesn't need any extra stress while he's not home no matter where he is. There's nothing he can do about it.
    Anonymous

• That would be a hard situation to be put in. I agree with the others- SHE needs to tell him. I would sit her down and say something like: "I am really upset to be caught in the middle of this. You need to come clean with my brother. I know he is overseas and don't want him to deal with this long distance. When he gets home I expect you to tell him within xx days cause if you don't I will!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:26 PM on May. 30, 2009