I have been in a slump for a while. I am ready to get out of it. How can I feel pretty and lively again instead of frumpy and worn out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Welcome to Club Frump! I am the master, I am the queen! I have taken Rosanne Barr's place as the Domestic Goddess (of Frump). I've been in My Slump for 4+ Years and Counting! I'm only now even Thinking about eyeliner (as I never wore makeup anyway, other than the occasional eyeliner, lipstick, or blush). I wore lipstick to my niece's College Graduation and felt like a million bucks. We were taking pictures that night, so I wanted to look decent. I have gained so much weight and I fight to lose even 2 lbs, much less the 60 lbs I've put on since 2002...but ahh, the joys of motherhood.

I bought three new shirts, pretty pastels in pink, yellow, and blue and a couple of new pants, the old fashioned kind (from my high school days) called leggins! I get so many compliments on my new wardrobe ALL because I FEEL SEXY and Believe I LOOK GREAT. The way you see yourself is the way others will see you, too. Chin UP!!

-E
    SciFantasy

Answer by SciFantasy at 12:56 PM on May. 31, 2009

• Talk to your dr. if you want to try a med, but also exercise (even if it's only a walk a few times a week) and eat healthy. And go buy yourself something!!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:15 PM on May. 30, 2009

• What always helps me is to take a shower first thing in the morning no matter what. Do your hair, put on makeup and wear clothes you feel like you look good in. I always like to get my hair done. Something different and drastic to change it upa bit. Make sure your toe nails are painted and you feel good about yourself. Even if you go out and buy a few new pieces of clothing it helps tremendously!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:16 PM on May. 30, 2009

• Put a smile on your face and keep it there. A smile will be contagious and you will be surprised how much better you will feel. Good Luck
    T45

Answer by T45 at 9:17 PM on May. 30, 2009

• quote scripture I am fearfully and wonderfully made everything God made is absolutely gorgeous. Lord thank you for making me soooo sexy and with a cute round tight apple bottom booty. whoops there's my secrets lol
    lat2herb

Answer by lat2herb at 9:51 PM on May. 30, 2009

• What a class act lat2herb is....................................
    Anonymous

• I agree with Scoobersmom. DD is just turning 5 months old and a few weeks ago I realized that I hadn't put on makeup since she was born. Now I make a point to at least dust on some blush and put on some mascara. Doing those two small things every day really does lift my spirits a little, even if the only time I go outside that day is to get the mail. It was a great starting point for me....I now even immediately change my shirt if it gets spit up on it......lol.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 2:29 AM on May. 31, 2009

• First things first: You have to make sure you are getting sleep ( I know that can be hard with kids ), you have to eat your 3 meals a day and make sure you exercise. Those will help out a lot!
    As for feeling pretty may I suggest getting up every morning, showering, doing your hair and putting on a little make up. It's amazing how good you will feel getting dressed up a little -- Even if you are just staying at home for the day.
    I would also go out and get your hair done and buy a few new outfits!
    Good Luck :)
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 11:17 AM on May. 31, 2009

• I think you should go out and have a fun time with your girlfriends! You should think positives things about yourself and don't let anyone bring you down! you are a strong confident women and you are unstoppable! GOOD LUCK!good luck

kaylabel2424

Answer by kaylabel2424 at 5:19 PM on May. 31, 2009

• I put on some really nice scented lotion and beautiful (fake) silk pj's before I went to bed so that I looked gorgeous and smelled great when I woke up in the morning. And then in the daytime get dressed as if you were going out in public even when you staying at home cleaning the toilet. Eat at the table, not in front of the tv. And get a fresh haircut.
    Mish99

Answer by Mish99 at 6:21 PM on May. 31, 2009