sex after childbirth? 6weeks? maybe tmi.

why do you have to wait 6 weeks before you can have sex again after childbirth? besides maybe not wanting to and waiting on everything to heal. it has been 5 weeks, and i want to have sex. lol. sorry if thats too much for yall. did anyone else try before their 6 week checkup? i have stopped bleeding and leaking and no stitches. anyone?

honeybee429

Asked by honeybee429 at 9:19 PM on May. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• just hang in there. Let him rub the knob if you really need to get off but don't be jamming the shaft in there just yet

Answer by admckenzie at 9:22 PM on May. 30, 2009

• infection. i had sex 3 1/2 weeks PP and didnt have a problem i had an episiotomy too. its just dr reccomendations.
    Anonymous

• I don't see a problem in it, as long as you are done bleeding, but take it easy at first. It hurt for me to have sex for awhile, but maybe I'm the acception.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:25 PM on May. 30, 2009

• because the first 6 weeks is the easiest to get pregnant after childbirth and also i think cause a lot of girls are sore down there although I had an episiotomy with my first had 3rd degree tare I had sex again at we tried 3 weeks, but I was to sore (I had forceps) so we waited until about 4 and a half or 5 weeks. With the second baby I think I waited until the whole 6 weeks maybe a little later and that was only because I had complications with the epidural after so I wasn't in the mood to try anything I was in to much pain.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:26 PM on May. 30, 2009