MY SON IS TWO YEARS OLD NOW BUT HE HAS NOT SLEPT ALL NIGHT..I HAVE TAKEN HIM FOR A SLEEP STUDY AND DIDN'T REALLY GET ANY REAL ANSWERS OUT OF THEM WHAT CAN I DO I STAY SO TIRED I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING I KNOW.....PLEASE HELP ME

TROY SLEEPS ABOUT FIVE HOURS A NIGHT AND HAS SINCE HE CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL...HE IS VERY HEALTHY AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN...

TaraJane421

Asked by TaraJane421 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does he take naps if he does dont let him also reading books can help and take him to parks
    mhernandez85

Answer by mhernandez85 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Well i'm sure that alot of mom's are gonna totally bash me for this one but i dont care i get sleep!!!! When we took my daughter out of her crib, she realized that she could get in and out of bed, which normally meant by midnight she wanted to be in bed with us (and i dont co-sleep) So we but a TV in her room and she watched TV to go to sleep and haven't had a problem since. I turn to the sleep timer on so its not playing all night long. I guess i always had a TV in my room growing up, so i really didn't think much of it.
    atschnet

Answer by atschnet at 11:45 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• What does he do when he wakes up? Does he cry? Do you still rock him to sleep? Does he have a consistent bedtime routine?
    DylansMom1105

Answer by DylansMom1105 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My cousins daughter did not sleep all through the night until she was about three. It was difficult for mom, but there was no cause for concern. Some people just sleep more than others.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I've been through the samee thing with my son.  When he turned 2 his Dr. told me to give him 1 mg of the herb Melatonin 1 (purchased at a local GNC).  Would not do unless you ask Dr. first, but this has helped my son.  He sleeps about 6 straight hours now to where he used to sleep 3 hrs. Good luck!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son is the same way. He's healthy and is very well behaved, but he just doesn't sleep. If he slept longer than 20 minutes as a baby it was a miracle...even at night. Now he's 2 1/2 and the only way anyone gets any sleep is if I sleep in his bed with him. He still wakes up alot but he tends to go right back to sleep if I'm there, so at least I don't have to get out of bed a hundred times a night. We tried letting him cry it out as a baby and after 2 hours of that with no end in sight forget it. I'd give in and get him back to sleep but then he'd wake up again 20 minutes later. We never got any sleep because he woke up so much. We tried everything. The best thing I could do was just sleep with him. Now that he's getting older though, I want to break that habit. We have his bed in our room so that he knows we're near. I started telling him that mommy needs to sleep with daddy in daddy's bed. I can usually only get away with it for half the night though.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I am new to this site but really wanted to reply to this.  My son is 2 1/2 and sleeps about 5 hours, won't nap and is very healthy.  It is so hard on us but doesn't seem to affect him . 
    momhr01lb05

Answer by momhr01lb05 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2008